Occupation: Singer, Songwriter & Actress
Fergie has been in the entertainment industry for years. Known as a singer, dancer and actress, she always worked extra hard to maintain her health and envious physique. What are her secrets?
In her own words, Fergie believes the key to being fit is enjoying everything you love to eat in moderation. No food is off limits – after all, who can resist a delicious burger or a couple slices of pizza dipped in ranch dressing every once in a while?
Aim for a low-fat and low-carb diet, but eat in a way you enjoy every meal.
Ideal protein sources: chicken or turkey breast, fish.
Sources of healthy fats: salmon, nuts.
Example Menu – 6 Meals Included!
Just by looking at this menu it should be obvious you won’t go hungry!
- Egg white omelette with vegetables and hot salsa sauce OR two slices of whole-wheat toast with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (for your mornings on the go) OR a bagel with a side of cottage cheese/mozzarella and cherry tomatoes.
- Yogurt or cottage cheese topped off with fresh, seasonal fruit and a spoonful of low-sugar granola to pack an extra punch of protein and healthy carbs.
- Go heavy on the veggies: Fergie likes to have a salad or a tortilla. Ingredients: fresh mixed greens, avocado, 4 oz of chicken breast, half an orange or grapefruit, non-fat dressing.
- Rice crackers with flaxseed (supports digestion), Kashi bar, 1 oz of fresh mozzarella.
Another Pre-dinner Snack (or Appetizer)
- Make a pureed broccoli soup and add a spoonful of coconut cream for healthy fats. Other ideas: carrot sticks and hummus, a cup of almonds or popcorn.
- Idea #1: grilled salmon and a cup of couscous with veggies. Idea #2: Grilled chicken breast, a cup of brown rice and sauteed baby spinach.
Work out Like Fergie
Fergie admittedly doesn’t have a trainer because she rebels against authority. She prefers outdoor workouts and an overall active lifestyle, so she can often be seen jogging and hiking. When she’s touring, she does a lot of dancing and resistance training with bands to keep in shape.
Top tip: don’t work out just to have a bangin’ body. Maintaing physical fitness is a great way to boost your self-esteem and sense of self-worth. Make working out a daily (or weekly) habit that keeps you motivated and focused on crushing your goals off the mat/outside the gym as well! Be proud of what you achieve and