The Power of Transformation
Celebrities often have to transform themselves completely just months before starting to shoot a new movie. Brad Pitt is no exception: over the years, we’ve seen him bulk and cut for different roles and the results were always exceptional. Read on to find out more about his workout program and diet used during the filming of Fight Club and Troy.
Fight Club Workout Program
This was actually the first role that required a more serious physical transformation for Pitt. He worked hard to achieve the results: his body fat percentage was only about 5% and he was at his lightest, weighing in around 150 lbs.
His workout sessions were based on completely fatiguing one muscle group at a time. He would finish off his week with a good cardio workout. This was done to achieve the maximum fat burning effect and create a ripped look.
- Perform 3 sets of each exercise
- Rest for a minute between sets
- Use a challenging weight and proper form
- 25 push-ups
- Nautilus chest press
- Nautilus incline press
- Chest fly
- 5 pull-ups
- Seated rows
- Lat pull-downs
- T-bar rows
- Arnold press
- Lateral raises
- Front raises
- Nautilus curl machine
- EZ cable curls
- Hammer curls
- Tricep pushdowns
- 45 minutes of running on the treadmill at 65% to 75% of your maximum heart rate
- Off day.
Fight Club Diet
- Breakfast: 6 eggs and 75 grams of oatmeal OR a protein shake (if you’re in a rush)
- Snack: Tuna and pita bread
- Lunch: 1 large chicken breast, green vegetables, pasta or brown rice (up to 100 grams)
- Pre-Workout: banana, protein shake or protein bar
- Post-Workout: same as pre-workout
- Dinner: Grilled fish/chicken, brown rice/pasta, seasonal veggies and fresh salad.
- Evening Snack: another protein shake or shake or cottage cheese
Would you like a Diet & Workout Plan based on Brad’s Fight Club physique? We can create a Personalized Plan for you in just 48 hours. More info here.
Pitt’s role of Achiles in the 2004 movie Troy required him to put on extra 15 pounds of lean muscle mass. He started training a whole year before filming even began, sticking to a high-protein, low-card diet and a training regime that included gym workouts (powerlifting style: heavy weights, low reps) and daily sword-fighting lessons.
Brad Pitt serves as a perfect example showing how hard work pays off. His natural build is quite lean, but he still managed to put on considerable muscle through consistent training and dieting. In other words: never give up and results will come!